In the Shadow of Majesty

Poem by Naa Doodu Doodu
A king has fallen,
Death has laid its icy hands on him.
His family grieves deeply,
In this time of desperation,
Who shall we turn to?

Children, now grown,
Yearn for the love of their father.
Who will fill the void he left?
With whom will they share their joys?

The woman by his side,
Weak from the loss of her lifelong companion.
How can she comfort her children
When her own heart is shattered?

"Please come back to me, my beloved,
For I miss you dearly.
Though I cannot question the will of our Maker,
I trust His wisdom.

He gives and takes as He sees fit,
Rest well, my love,
Until we meet again."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Epitome of Love and Humanity: A Tribute to a Remarkable Man

Paths Intersected: Stories of Serendipitous Bonds

A Connection Beyond First Impressions