The Vision I never saw


After graduating high school, I made the decision to work for a specific company in order to support my parents and save up for higher education. Although it wasn't a smooth journey, I was able to save enough money to purchase an admission form and pay for half of my first year's tuition. I was ecstatic when I received acceptance to one of the most prestigious universities in the country. It was a dream come true, as I had always aspired to attend this institution.

During my second year, I decided to start a side hustle. I considered vlogging, but I didn't have a camera and my phone's camera quality was subpar. I questioned how I could pursue this business venture without the necessary equipment. However, I reminded myself that there is a first time for everything and decided to give it a try.
To make it work, I borrowed my friends' phones with high-quality cameras and a laptop from another friend to edit the videos. I was more focused on the end result than the means to achieve it. I refused to invest in a quality phone for my business, as I didn't want to rely on my friends' resources. Unfortunately, my ego blinded me from seeing the bigger picture.

Eventually, I had to return the laptop and had no means to shoot a video. It was a crushing realization that I needed to invest in myself and my business, rather than relying on others' resources to establish myself. I learned that investing in myself was the key to success and growth.
x

Comments

Anonymous said…
very true
Unknown said…
A very good peice.
Unknown said…
This is one of the major problems most of the youths are facing.

Popular posts from this blog

The Epitome of Love and Humanity: A Tribute to a Remarkable Man

Paths Intersected: Stories of Serendipitous Bonds

A Connection Beyond First Impressions