End in Process

Poem by: Stephen Henry Mawuena Quist
Life fleeting towards night and every year is an Olympic of the mind
I would have done right but wrong conquers every time
I postponed with a heavy sigh  the restoration of my soul’s blind
But procrastination abides as it puts my vision behind
Go make a mirth but for me, I lack a reason to be buoyed up.
Yet I am the happiest person (eudemenia) behind this forlorn.
I have achieved nothing except that which I longed
Even that the Lamb did which explains my broken horn
Another wolf who follows a Lamb
Caricatured in cream fur but refusing the lamb’s plan
My stomach hurts if I stay carnivorous but if I don’t I feel numb
Numb to a destination I thirst since for that place I am not a fan
But from my experience anything I yearn, loving it after I can’t.
I am fleeting toward yonder 
Broken already from home so even a manager isn't a meager 
To the city in my mind’s picture
I don’t expect lights and fireworks on my arrival 
Purge me with no beautiful as await the master
I will sleep with a smile enjoying pain for the sake of the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Epitome of Love and Humanity: A Tribute to a Remarkable Man

Paths Intersected: Stories of Serendipitous Bonds

A Connection Beyond First Impressions