Series of an African: The Africa I found myself

As my thoughts began to settle on the truth I had uncovered, a harsh reality dawned on me - it was far worse than I had initially believed. The sights before me elicited a deep, guttural exclamation of "Eii, Africa!"
I bore witness to an Africa ravaged by civil wars, a sight that brought tears of anguish to my eyes. The Congo, once a land graced by Lumumba's vision, now lay in ruins, stripped of its beauty and agricultural abundance. The mere thought of exploring the potential of the Congo basin to nourish the world filled me with dread.
Recollections of my visit to the majestic pyramids of Egypt flooded my mind, a time when I reveled in the wonders of Africa. Yet, the stark reality of the present loomed large - I couldn't even journey to Abuja and remain for 120 days without burdensome documentation. The pervasive corruption that plagues my homeland only served to deepen my despair.
It pains me to acknowledge that I was born into a continent where the splendor of creation and the bonds of love once flourished, only to find myself ensnared by the clutches of avaricious and power-hungry individuals who show no regard for their people or their land. Despite this bleak landscape, as an African man, I cling to a flicker of hope for a brighter future, a future where love and unity prevail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Epitome of Love and Humanity: A Tribute to a Remarkable Man

Paths Intersected: Stories of Serendipitous Bonds

A Connection Beyond First Impressions