We Are Easter People: A Journey of Faith and Joy

We are the children of Easter; our song is Alleluia! As Christians around the world celebrated the birth of Christ at Christmas, we rejoiced in the passion and resurrection of our Savior at Easter. The joy that filled the earth on this special day was truly infectious.
I was overwhelmed with joy during the Holy Saturday vigil. The happiness on the faces of the people around me reaffirmed my belief that salvation is found in Christ. The energy in the air was electric, unlike anything I had ever experienced before.
I watched as people danced with abandon, something I had never seen at any other church. The atmosphere was so profound that I was tempted to join in, but my lack of dancing skills held me back. However, I couldn't help but feel the excitement and joy that filled the room.
After forty days without singing Alleluia, I realized how much it meant to the Catholics in attendance. It was like going a week without your favorite meal - unimaginable. I understood their thirst for that moment of celebration and felt grateful to be a part of it.
What truly made this event unforgettable were the Easter children. Their faces shone with happiness, and their white attire added to the beauty of the occasion. The moment they received the water of salvation and the body and blood of Christ was truly magical. It was a sight to behold, one that I will never forget.
As I reflect on that day, I am reminded that we are indeed Easter people, and Alleluia is our song. The joy and excitement of that celebration will stay with me for a long time to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Epitome of Love and Humanity: A Tribute to a Remarkable Man

Paths Intersected: Stories of Serendipitous Bonds

A Connection Beyond First Impressions