Dysphoria in the End

Poem by: Mawuena Quist
In the room of ignominy have I shut the portal from praises.
Left alone, the mirror on the wall stripped naked from all the pride.
My face comforted in my palm I have left because my pride cannot be sublimed in this shame.

Outside the chamber from sitting on the bed of roses.
But here I am being suffocated from the pageant smell of dead mice.

Running from ostensible affection and here am I resting on a couch waiting to be removed from my leg nail.
The nail of self-gratification a deception of self-love claim incurred from the fake humans in the mind.

Is no night but I have shut the door hoping for the victory of light.
But I am going to die if I vanquish darkness since I am my darkness and I do not want to fail to prevail.

What if morning comes since nothing lasts except change and so the morning light will end my life?

Oh, I am rather on a train!
Do I stay on it and reach my destination of death? 
Or do I jump from it to meet my untimely peril?

I have no certainty  of what lies ahead 
That is why the day I hop on this train is a bad omen.
I do not know how I got on it, I happened to meet those cruising on it making mirth.
Forget, the name of the train is life and no one gets out of life alive.

Comments

DD said…
Nice one. Keep it up

Popular posts from this blog

The Epitome of Love and Humanity: A Tribute to a Remarkable Man

Paths Intersected: Stories of Serendipitous Bonds

A Connection Beyond First Impressions