The Circus Within

Poem by: Naa Doodua Doodu
Why feign concern when you don't truly care?
Why do you enter and exit as whims take you there?
My mental health wavers on this tumultuous ride,
They appear, then vanish like an illusive tide.
Enough of this circus, it's tearing me apart,
I'm trapped in the darkness, losing myself, and my heart.
It attempts to summon the monster within,
But I resist, not letting the darkness win.
Those who stand by me when the beast seeks its way,
And those I wish to care for, come what may,
Should I abandon the caring few for the unknown?
Or keep moving through life, toward hope, not overthrown.
I fear self-destruction, letting the caring ones down,
I'll endure, for this too shall pass, I won't wear a frown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Epitome of Love and Humanity: A Tribute to a Remarkable Man

Paths Intersected: Stories of Serendipitous Bonds

A Connection Beyond First Impressions