Remembering Kindness, Forgetting Goodness: A Tale of Human Nature

Oh, let me tell you a little story about the fascinating nature of human beings. You see, if you feed an animal for a few days, it will remember your kindness for a long time. It's like a tattoo on their little animal minds. But oh boy, when you do something to endanger them, they'll develop a hostile attitude towards you that will last for ages. Talk about holding a grudge!
Now, let's talk about humans. They're a whole different breed, I tell you. They have this incredible ability to remember only the highest bidder. All those little important things you do for them? Pfft, gone with the wind! As one wise Ghanaian president once said, we humans forget easily. Unless, of course, someone does something that hurts us to the core. Then, oh boy, we remember that forever!
I have this vivid memory from my childhood. I had this close friend, you know, the kind you share all your worries and secrets with. Well, little did I know that those secrets would end up being spread around like juicy gossip in the market square. Now, don't get me wrong, it wasn't like these secrets were malicious or anything. But the way my trust was betrayed, oh boy, it made me lose faith in my fellow humans. The embellishments added to those stories made me question if my friend even remembered the good old times. You know, those times when we used to sit outside and reminisce about our school days.
I couldn't help but wonder if he ever remembered the kindness I showed him when life wasn't going so well. But no, he taught me a valuable lesson. Humans easily forget the good times we shared, but boy, do they remember the hurt forever. It's like a superpower they possess!
So, my friends, let's remember that we can always share our deepest thoughts and secrets with animals. Because, you know, animals may not be able to betray our trust like our fellow humans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Epitome of Love and Humanity: A Tribute to a Remarkable Man

Paths Intersected: Stories of Serendipitous Bonds

A Connection Beyond First Impressions